Most of you guys have heard of Lärabars, right? These are like Lärabars, but totally customized! YouBar makes custom nutrition bars, trail mix, protein shake mix, cookies, and cereal. It’s an incredibly simple process, too. You simply choose which type of product you want to make, then check off all the items you want to include in there. You choose a base, protein powder, nuts/seeds, fruit/berries, sweeteners, seasonings, grains, and infusions, as well as the strength of each ingredient. It even calculates nutrition information as you go. Once you’re done creating your bar, you even get to name it :)
I made a box of nutrition bars using my coupon, and it took me a while to order since I couldn’t choose what I wanted in there! I finally decided on an autumn-inspired bar:
- YouBar Base (almond butter and organic dates)
- whey protein
- organic pumpkin seeds
- organic flax seeds
- organic apples
- organic black mission figs
- organic brown rice syrup
- organic ginger
- crunchy rice cereal
- all-one vitamin infusion
IT IS DELICIOUS. The flax seeds add this wonderful toasty, nutty flavor to it, and the pumpkin seeds give it a bit of pop. The almond butter and date base holds the bar together well, but it isn’t as dense as a Lärabar (I always found them too dense to finish). The crunchy rice cereal isn’t very apparent, but there’s still a hint of crunch. I think I like the crunch level for this type of bar; any crunchier and it’d be chunky.
And of course I named it…
Running Fuel! I eat one before my training sessions and it fills me up for quite a while.
I emailed the folks at YouBar and they have kindly agreed to give away a YouBar Starter Box to one lucky reader! The Starter Box includes:
- a $15 gift certificate towards any YouBar product
- two pre-made nutrition bars
- two pre-made protein shake mixes
- two pre-made bags of trail mix
Yum yum yum!
The contest ends at 11:59pm on February 24th, and you have four chances to win:
- Go to YouBars.com, check out the products, and leave me a comment with which product you’d like to create, and which flavor combo appeals to you.
- Add my blog to your RSS feed and let me know in another comment.
- Link to this post from your blog (1 entry), or Twitter/Facebook/Whatever (another entry) and let me know in another comment.
Love what you see on YouBar, but don’t want to wait for the end of the contest? Just use coupon code runkerarun to get 5% off your order!