11 May

Okay I know this sounds super dramatic but whatever, I feel SO amazing today. After a rainy, cold, and windy weekend with sinus problems that could take down a yeti, I cannot even describe how spectacular I feel.


The first week of each month, my gym does a special Zumba class that focuses on one popular song and everyone learns the official music video dance to that song. This week it was ‘Single Ladies’ and I love me some Bob Fosse, so I was all geared up for it. Wouldn’t you know it, 5 minutes in my right foot cramps up. So we meet again, muscle cramp. Determined not to have to leave, I kicked off my shoes and tried to work out the knot as I learned the steps. The pain finally went away, but the knot remains full force in my foot. 4 days of solid pain. Ugh. Thankfully I was able to get an appointment this week to see my magical massage therapist that got rid of my IT band pain.


I spent most of the day indoors :( There were thunderstorms all morning, so I used the time to get some housework done. That night, my parents and I took my grandmother out for a Mother’s Day Eve dinner. Mushroom risotto <3


Much to my mother’s dismay, I signed us up for a local Mother’s Day 3.5 miler. I’ve been getting her to walk around the block most afternoons (there’s a good 1 mile loop), so I wanted her to walk this… and I walked with her. Let me tell you, I sort of wish I had been running… it was frickin’ cold. There was one person in a full-on winter jacket with fur hood. I only had on yoga pants, a long-sleeved top, and the cotton t-shirt we were given. COOOOOOOLD. We stayed in the car for as long as we could, then joined the crowd at the start… wherever the official start line was.

There were a lot of hills on the course, something my mom wasn’t a big fan of. But she kept about a 17 minute pace most of the time. I even got her to run twice! She had two goals for the race: 1) don’t be last, and 2) come in under 1 hour 15 minutes.

As we were approaching the finish, the clock appeared over the top of the last hill: 59:30. I told my mom and got her to start running to the end. She came in at 1:00:01! Just one second over an hour! I told her that next year she’d be running it ;)


I woke up with a headache that knocked me back out until 6am (I wake up at 5am). Goodbye, morning strength workout. I debated not going to work, felt a little better, and decided to tough it out. BAD IDEA. The train was hotter than usual (or maybe it was just my body temp) but I felt worse than I did when I woke up. I pushed through about half a day in the office, then went home, finished some work from bed, popped a migraine pill, and took a quick nap.

…which brings us back to the beginning of this post. I think that extra rest yesterday did wonders because I feel like I could solve any problem ever today. Okay maybe not, but I can definitely finish some reports, yeah?


2 Responses to “Reenergized”

  1. Chelsea May 11, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

    Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like a rough weekend. It’s been cold here, too, and don’t get me started on muscle cramps. Ouch!!!!!!

  2. Jenna May 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

    Love your blog- check out mine and follow :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: